Thomas J. Geraghty, Jr.
Thomas J. Geraghty Jr. is a Partner and Senior Wealth Manager with Stonegate Wealth Management. An experienced financial planner with more than twenty-five years experience, he is dedicated to providing financial, estate and tax planning services. Tom focuses on the client’s agreed upon financial goals. He will typically bring together a professional team to generate both short-term and long-term solutions. His personal communication skills and professional acumen benefit the firm’s clients in the following ways:
- Identify current deficiencies
- Create an integrated financial / life plan
- Mitigate complex financial problems
- Reduce significant estate planning challenges
- Recommend and implement changes
- Monitor progress and readjust as needed to ensure long-term success
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is the statutory title of qualified accountants in the United States who have passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination and have met additional state education and experience requirements for certification as a CPA. In addition to being a practicing Certified Public Accountant in the State of New Jersey for more than twenty-five years and a principal in his own accounting firm for nineteen years, Tom Geraghty was the Chief Financial Officer of the Township of Berkeley Heights for eleven years.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Certificant (CFP) – Tom has met the CFP Board of Standard’s education, examination and experience requirements. He has agreed to adhere to high standards of ethical conduct and has completed all certification requirements, including continuing education, and has identified himself to the CFP Board as being actively engaged in providing financial planning services. For more information, visit www.cfp.net.
SELECTED SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Given his long and rich experience in the financial industry, it’s not a surprise that Tom is a sought-after media source. He has been quoted by respected publications such as Kiplinger’s Retirement Report and InvestmentNews, and he is often asked to lecture at professional organizations, employee groups, and civic associations on topics such as financial planning, estate planning, risk management, employee benefits and other related areas.